Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Perfect Buttons

So, I did end up finding the perfect buttons to go with the BSJ I made.  They are pink, yellow and purple daisies and they match the colors of the sweater like they were meant to go together.  Shankless buttons are so much easier than having to sew your own shanks.

Now that her sweater is complete, it is almost time for baby girl to be here.  I got a haircut to minimize hair maintenance in the first few months.

I do feel like I'm getting pretty close to be totally stretched out.  We have an induction scheduled on Monday (39 weeks, 2 days), so if she doesn't decide an early arrival is the way to go, that will be the day I deliver.  Only a few of my shirts are still long enough to cover the stretch panel in the maternity shorts, but I should be able to hold out a few days longer.  It will be nice when I don't have to worry as much about bumping into things, and bending at the waist will not be something I will take for granted for a long time.

I have also been working on a few knitting projects, but they are originals and I am considering submitting them places, so I'll hold off posting photos of them, at least for a while.  One is in lace weight, one in bulky.  And I've got another idea floating around my head, but I need to do lots of calculations before I get started with it, especially since it will probably take forever with the gauge I am thinking about using.

The summer has been crazy hot this year, and I've spent most of my time in the air conditioning, trying to keep my feet up and the swelling due to pregnancy down.  The petunias sure are loving the heat and humidity though (and I am a rather inattentive gardener).

Big changes are coming up for us starting Monday, and I really hope that I will be able to continue working on knitting and designing things.  I'll certainly not have a lot of brainpower for a little while, so I will be working on our little one's felted stocking...hoorah for stockinette.  She'll get a Christmas tree needle felted onto hers, and hopefully it will be done in plenty of time before Christmas day.  If her stocking gets done soon enough, and I'm not ready for making my own patterns yet, I'll probably start working on Anne Hanson's Sproessling.  I've got my Georgia Peach yarn that I'm probably going to use for it...and I may even finish by Spring so I can wear it before it gets too hot.  We'll see how it goes!