Sunday, March 20, 2011

Baby Girl is Getting Big and a Sock Fail

So we've switched Evie from 3-6 month clothes to 6-9 month clothes, about 2 weeks after she was 6 months.  We've got a lot less of the 6-9 size, so we went shopping so I don't have to wash her clothes every third day or so.  We had enough we could get by, but as it is I feel like I'm doing laundry all the time.  Eric also wanted some zippered jammies for those middle of the night diaper changes--they're so much easier than snaps in the dark.

 And those socks I started for Eric....they've been frogged.  Again.  I don't know if something is whacked out with my tension by the time I get around to knitting the sole and connecting it to the instep, but I had extra fabric on the sole that made it look a little crazy.  So instead of doing the unusual construction called for, I'm just going to do a toe up sock with the charts.  As long as I get them done before our wool anniversary, which gives me a little over 3 years. 

Which is why I feel quite okay starting another series of projects to alternate with my next design:  a few hedgehogs for some new wee ones making their entrance this year.  Bigger needles+a familiar pattern=progress.  Yay for babies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary,

I didn't know you had a blog until I found out you also have a published piece!! That is great!! You have made so many pretty things. Maybe one of these days we can talk you into making a hedgehog for our future wee one. Looking forward to seeing ya'll Easter. Love you! Aunt Deb